Near to all the best things to do in Denver, the JW Marriott provides the perfect location. Whether you have one day or an entire week, our associates are happy to help find the perfect Denver activity! Here are just some of the many activities available within a short distance of the JW Marriott Denver:
- Denver Botanic Gardens, (1.5 miles) is one of the top five botanic gardens in the nation. Denver Botanic Gardens offers year-round events and exhibits, Mordecai Children’s Garden, beautiful Science Pyramid and tours.
- Molly Brown House, (2.5 miles) is among the most visited historic sites in the state of Colorado, and one of only a handful of sites nationally dedicated to the interpretation of a woman’s story.
- Denver Zoo, (3 miles) is where education comes alive. Denver Zoo, open every day, is home to more than 4,000 animals representing 650 species including Asian elephants, African lions, Komodo dragons and Western lowland gorillas. Animal shows, feedings and interactive exhibits offered daily.
- Denver Union Station, (3.5 miles) is the transportation hub for The Mile High City. If the excitement of seeing a working train station isn't enough - you can sit back, relax and take in the view inside the stunning Great Hall of this iconic historic landmark. The newly renovated 1914 Beaux-Arts train station and Great Hall is home to 13 chef-owned restaurants, bars, and boutique shops.
- Colorado State Capitol (3 miles) offers free 45-minute tours of the historic building from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Mon-Fri. Self-guided tours also available.
- Denver Art Museum (3 miles) presents a variety of international art throughout the year, including traveling exhibits and displays from the museum's permanent collection. The museum is freethe first Saturday of every month for Colorado residents.
- Denver Museum of Nature & Science (3 miles) offers permanent and rotating exhibits, IMAX theatre, planetarium and much more. Museum also offers free days to Colorado residents.
- Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey Distillery Tours, (3 miles) offers a 1-hour guided stroll through Stranahan’s production brew house, still house, bottling room and rack house, plus a whiskey tasting. All guests are required to be at least 21 years old with valid ID. Reservations are highly recommended.
- United States Mint, (3 miles) offers free tours. Learn how coins are manufactured as well as the history of the Denver Mint. The Denver Mint is open to the public Mon-Fri from 8 am. - 2pm. Reservations are required.
- Coors Brewery, (14 miles) in Golden, CO. offers free tours. See and taste traditional brewing in the Rocky Mountains! The brewery experience includes a 30-minute self-paced tour through the malting, brewing and packaging processes and sampling of Coors products in the hospitality lounge.
- Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre, (17 miles) in Morrison, Colo., is part of the Denver Mountain Parks system. Admission to the park is free (tickets are required for outdoor concerts and events). The park features several trails and a Visitor's Center showcasing the decades of concerts held at Red Rocks. The park is open from 5 a.m. - 11 p.m. daily, although it may close early for concerts. Pets are allowed, but must be kept on a leash at all times.
Cherry Creek Arts Festival, is a world‐class celebration of the visual, culinary and performing arts. This award-winning festival seems more than 350,000 visitors over the three‐day event. The CCAF’s year-round non-profit mission is to provide access to art experiences and to support education. This year's event will be held on July 2, 3, and 4, 2016 here in Cherry Creek North.