1st Friday Family Film Series | Family Activities
The JW Marriott Chery Creek is thrilled to announce the launch of the 2017 Friday Family Film Series - complimentary movie screenings open to hotel guests and the general public. Resources (far right) for full information.
The JW Marriott Friday Film Series schedule for this summer includes:
- Friday, July 7th – The Lego Batman Movie
- Friday, August 4th – Sing
- Friday, September 1st - Beauty & The Beast
All movies start at 7 p.m. in the hotel’s Fireside event space, with comfy seating provided. Concession snacks of popcorn and candy will be offered on a “Donations Encouraged” basis, will all proceeds going directly to charity. Adult and kid beverages will also be available for purchase.
Second Home Kitchen + Bar is offering “Kids Eat Free” from 5 – 7 p.m. on each night of the Friday Family Film series. Kids age 12 and under can select a complimentary item from the Kids Menu with the purchase on an adult entrée. The hotel will also offer $5 discounted valet parking to moviegoers.
The JW Marriott Denver is conveniently located to some of the best family activities to do in Cherry Creek and Denver, Colorado. The Cherry Creek neighborhood is a clean & safe destination - perfect for adults and children of all ages. Here are just some of the many family-friendly activities available within a short distance of the JW Marriott Denver:
- Denver B-Cycle (location at 3rd and Milwaukee Streets). With 87 stations and 700 bikes throughout 10 central Denver neighborhoods, you can check out and return a B-cycle at any station 5 a.m. to midnight, 365 days a year. B-cycle is designed for locals and visitors for short, one- way trips that are 30 minutes or less. Bike helmets are not provided.
- Cherry Creek Mall Kids Kourt (Cherry Creek Mall) is perfect for children under the age of 5. Don't miss the kids play area at the Cherry Creek Mall. A spacious, well-appointment play area with dinosaur-themed cushioned equipment. Perfect for climbing, jumping and sliding. Located on 1st level outside Macy's.
- Denver Public Library (Ross-Cherry Creek Branch) is located at 3rd and Milwaukee Streets in Cherry Creek and is open Monday-Saturday (closed on Sunday). The library offers many events and classes including baby, toddler and pre-school story times.
- Cherry Creek Bike Path (located 1 block from hotel) meanders from Cherry Creek Shopping Center, past Denver Country Club and continues below street level through Confluence Park into downtown Denver. Exit ramps provide access to street level at several points along the route. This is a great urban ride for those looking to avoid traffic.
- Denver Botanic Gardens (1.5 miles) is one of the top five botanic gardens in the nation. Denver Botanic Gardens offers year-round events and exhibits, Mordecai Children’s Garden, beautiful Science Pyramid and tours.
- Washington "Wash" Park (1.5 miles) is a Denver gem. Wash Park boasts over 155 acres of beautiful grounds including two lakes and two playgrounds. A walking/running track runs the perimeter of the park and one lap is exactly 2.5 miles. The park also features two flower gardens, one of which is a replica of George Washington's gardens at Mount Vernon. Great family-friendly dining nearby on Old South Gaylord Street including Homegrown Tap & Dough, Wash Park Grill and many others.
- Denver Zoo (3 miles) is where education comes alive. Open every day, Denver Zoo is home to more than 4,000 animals representing 650 species including Asian elephants, African lions, Komodo dragons and Western lowland gorillas. Animal shows, feedings and interactive exhibits offered daily.
- Denver Museum of Nature and Science (3 miles) offers permanent and rotating exhibits, IMAX theatre, planetarium and much more.
- Denver Union Station (3.5 miles) is the transportation hub for The Mile High City. If the excitement of seeing a working train station isn't enough - you can sit back, relax and take in the view inside the stunning Great Hall of this iconic historic landmark. The newly renovated 1914 Beaux-Arts train station and Great Hall is home to 13 chef-owned restaurants, bars, and boutique shops.
- Children's Museum of Denver (5 miles) has over 20 exhibits focused on childhood education, serving children newborn through age eight through interactive exhibits and educational programming.
- Downtown Aquarium (5 miles) is an entertainment and dining complex featuring a public aquarium boasting more than a million gallons of underwater exhibits that highlight fascinating ecosystems around the world. Housing over 500 species of animals, the interactive Stingray Reef touch tank, Aquarium Restaurant, Dive Lounge, the Nautilus Ballroom and amusements for the entire family.
- Elitch Gardens Theme & Water Park (5 miles) offers 53 rides and attractions, from a giant Ferris Wheel to monster roller coasters and water rides. American's only downtown theme park also features daily entertainment, an arcade and more. Open seasonally early May-October.