Denver Arts & Culture
Denver's Cherry Creek North is renowned for its strong arts community, including more than a dozen fine arts galleries, plus a thriving independent bookstore and community theater program.
To enjoy a sampling of some of the neighborhood's top galleries, we suggest this Self-Guided Cherry Creek North Art Tour:
Start at Clayton Lane Fine Arts (located 2 doors down from hotel) which features an eclectic collection by more than 50 international and regional artists, encompassing realism, impressionism and abstract styles.
- Continue north on Clayton Lane to the creative Show of Hands, which showcases joyful one-of-a-kind pieces from artisans around the country, including furniture to jewelry.
- The next stop is on 3rd & Detroit Street at Tam O'Neill Fine Arts, which specializes in antique prints and maps, including original botanical and bird prints by John James Audubon.
- Also in this block, be sure to check out Fascination St. Fine Art, which sells everything from traditional still-lifes and sculptures to contemporary Pop art.
- Lastly, head west down 3rd Ave. to the Artisan Center, a community gathering place that sells unique handmade items by local artists, including textiles, jewelry and pottery.
Other cultural activities to enjoy in Cherry Creek North:
Sur la Table (located across from the hotel) offers daily hands-on cooking class led by professional chefs, from "French Baking" to "Mexican Street-Style Tacos" to "Fabulous Thai Flavors."
- Canvas & Cocktails (located 1 block from hotel) unleash your inner artist in a relaxed, social setting. Each class features an artist to guide you through replicating a painting step by step. Canvases, paint, brushes, easels and aprons are all provided.
- Hermitage Book Store (located 4 blocks from hotel) has been a neighborhood favorite for more than 40 years, specializing in exceptional rare & vintage books curated by its expert staff.
- Denver Art Museum (3 miles from hotel) presents a variety of international art exhibits throughout the year, including traveling shows and displays from the museum's celebrated permanent collection.
- Cherry Creek Theatre is a local professional theater group created by neighborhood residents and dedicated to high-quality productions. Past performances have included Twelve Angry Men and The Unexpected Guest. The troupe puts on at least three shows annually, with all shows performed at Shaver Ramsey Oriental Rugs.